visit our website & read the current issue
We are thrilled to team with the Wyoming Business Council to feature a Wyoming First business every week on our blog! Wyoming First is a program that promotes Wyoming member businesses. Visit their website (click here) to learn more about this service — and if you are a Wyoming business who’s not a member, be sure to inquire about membership! There are many benefits!
This week we are featuring Wild West Custom Leather of Laramie, WY
Tim Mickelson, Wild West Custom Leather 1612 Kearney Laramie, WY 82070 307-760-1377 firstname.lastname@example.org Check them out on Facebook!
Tim Mickelson got started working with leather when he was a young boy growing up in West Laramie. He would visit the Boardwalk and Rob Vogel; then he would head across the road and visit Longhorn Saddle Shop and Andy Hysong. Both men became his mentors as a child and their families are still important to him to this day. Tim picked up many of the skills of the leather craft from them both. After an automobile accident, Tim was unable to work in his profession of conduction any longer. So, he picked up his leather tools to pass the time and it became a growing business.
Tim involves his wife in business as well. She does quite a bit of the office work, sales, and public relations. She’s also who he turn to as a design consultant. Tim is the drawing and tooling artist. They both know what they are good at and it just became second nature to pick up their own roles.
Wild West Custom Leather designs are 90% custom. Each product is done to fit the tastes and preferences of each customer. The other 10% of their sales are items Tim has done while brainstorming at the shop bench. Each item is drawn, carved, tooled, and finished by his own hands.
Wild West Custom Leather strives to create quality leather products that will be with you through the years. Each item is created with the individual customer in mind and the Mickelsons enjoy helping their customer get just what they want through our consultation process. Their products include bracelets, earrings, necklaces, key rings, wallets, checkbook /credit card holders, belts, gun holsters, chaps, and other Western cowboy gear. Wild West Custom Leather products also include specialty items including rodeo queen albums and personalized items. In the next year they will be adding home accents and accessories as well as custom designed purses to their product line.
Wild West Custom Leather won 2012 Champion Chap Maker at the World Leather Debut in Sheridan. If you have anything you dream of being made with leather, feel free to contact the Mickelsons and they will do all they can to make that dream come true. Wild West Custom Leather also does leather repair, patch sewing for motorcycle gear, and can reproduce your favorite old and worn leather products.
To order, contact Tim Mickelson at 307-760-1377; message him on Facebook at Wild West Custom Leather; catch him at the Friday Laramie Farmers Markets in downtown Laramie through the summer. The Ammo Box in downtown Laramie features many of Tim’s holster designs for sale, and a variety of products are available at the Boardwalk in West Laramie. Wild West Custom Leather is a vendor annually on Labor Day weekend at the Snowy Range Music Festival at the Albany County fairgrounds.
Wild West Custom Leather products range from jewelry starting at $20 to up to $500 for custom chaps.