Looking for something delicious for your weekend nosh-fest? Look no further than this mouth-watering deliciousness shared by the Wyoming Beef Council… Mmm, it’s Lemon TriTip…
1 beef Tri-Tip Roast (1-2 pounds)
2 large lemons
1 tablespoon minced garlic
2 teaspoons ground black pepper
2 pounds fingerling or small red-skinned potatoes, halved.
2 tablespoons olive oil
1/2 teaspoon salt
1. Preheat oven to 235. Grate 1 tablespoon peel and squeeze 1 tablespoon juice from 1 lemon. Combine lemon peel, lemon juice, garlic and pepper in small bowl; reserve 1 tablespoon for potatoes. Press remaining lemon mixture onto all surfaces of beef roast. Cut remaining lemon into 12 wedges lengthwise.
2. Place roast on rack in shallow roasting pan. Do not add water or cover.
3. Combine reserved tablespoon lemon mixture, potatoes, lemon wedges, oil, and 1/2 teaspoon salt on rimmed sheet pan; toss to coat evenly. Roast beef in 425 oven for 40 minutes. Roast potatoes 25-30 minutes until tender.
4. Remove roast, tent with foil, and let stand 20-25 minutes.
5. Carve roast across the grain into slices, season with salt and serve with potatoes and lemon wedges.